We are working very hard with your child on their early Literacy skills, please support your child by;
1) Asking them to say the initial sounds for objects or toys around the house.
2) Ask them to get something for you but segment the the word of the object you would like e.g. "Jon can you get me the c-u-p" then see if they get you the correct item.
3) Challenge your child to practice writing their name every day.
4) Enjoy playing lots of listening games e.g. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/1
Your child is working very hard to develop their early mathmatic skills. To support at home please use the Numberblock resources and games on the flowing websites;
To support your child's 'love of reading' as part of our literacy programme read to your child nightly before bed remembering the value of conversation and targeted questioning to enhance their experience;
1) As them about the main characters, plot and setting.
2) Get them to predict what might happen next as part of enjoying reading.
3) At the end ask them about their favourite bits and which bits they didn't like.
4) Can they retell the story in their own words?
Finally, don't forget to read your child's S.T.A.R book with them, they chose that book themselves just for you to share with them.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: