1) Begin by completing this week's paper phonics homework page exploring our new sounds.
2) Challenge your child to choose three of the words on their paper homework sheet and put them into a simple sentence.
3) Read with your child as often as you can using our online reading library which can be found by visiting the following link;
1) Begin by reviewing our learning focus on the Parent Curriculum Topic Journey for 'M' - mathematics
2) Visit one of the following websites to best support your child with the resources they need to achieve this half-term's learning focus;
3) Support your child's early mathematics skills by spending some time on our 'numbots' website;
To support your child's 'love of reading' as part of our literacy programme read to your child nightly before bed remembering the value of conversation and targeted questioning to enhance their experience;
1) As them about the main characters, plot and setting.
2) Get them to predict what might happen next as part of enjoying reading.
3) At the end ask them about their favourite bits and which bits they didn't like.
4) Can they retell the story in their own words?
Finally, don't forget to read your child's S.T.A.R book with them, they chose that book themselves just for you to share with them.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: