This week your child has learnt two phonic sounds. Please support their learning through the following activities:
1) Mr Thorne Does 'S' - https://youtu.be/vMEvxTGvi4c
2) Mr Thorne Does 'A' - https://youtu.be/H6fxDt4nV64
3) Complete the 'S' and 'A' letter formation Homework sheet sent home with your child and return it completed for dojo awards.
This week your child has been learning to 1-touch count items between 1 and 10.
1) Remind them to 'line up what they have' and 'give one number to one thing'.
2) Give your child different items to count with objects between 1 and 10
3) Enjoy this TopMarks counting game https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/teddy-numbers
Share a Dojo video of your child's counting for dojo awards.
Your child has begun their exploration into 'The Something' by Rebecca Cobb
1) Enjoy revisiting the story with your child https://youtu.be/KcrEM8MxRlM
2) Talk about the characters, plot and setting with your child asking them lots of questions.
3) As them to imagine their ideas for what is down the hole.
Send me their ideas for dojo points.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: