Monday 20th September
Have a look at the examples below in the grid. Think about how the sentences make the reader feel. Would they feel scared, nervous ect.
How do they capture the reader’s interest and imagination?
• What impact do these phrases have on the reader and why?
• What questions do they create in our minds?
• How do the sentences show what the setting is like?
Tuesday 21st September
Use the following single clause sentences that relate to The Iron Man and the ominous setting, use a conjunction from the list below and complete the sentences.
• A giant hand reached toward the windscreen _______
• Two lights rose into the sky_________
• He stood on the cliff-top______
• He looked inland_______
• He toppled over_________
• He clanged and clattered on the road______
• The steel tractors were bitten in half_______
• He searched the sea_______
• Twilight settled______
• Starts appeared in the black ______
• Owls stopped hooting ____
• The waves crashed against the rocky cliffs_______
• The rain poured down________
Please work through the following activities.
Wednesday 22nd September
Complete the activities from Pobble below.
Thursday 23rd September
Please complete the activities from pobble.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: